As promised, Xiaomi has delivered its next iteration of the ultra-affordable Redmi 4A in China. The phone was barely a secret before the launch itself. As we saw it walk under the TENAA scanner a few days back. So, there are little surprises. So, getting straight to business, the Redmi Note 5A has three variants in total. They are available in three familiar hues of Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, and Platinum Silver. All three variants will go on sale from 22 August on Mi.com and JD.com.
So, here are the three variants:
Redmi Note 5A
(2GB RAM/16 GB ROM) priced CNY 699 (roughly Rs. 6,700)
(3GB RAM/32 GB ROM) priced at CNY 899 (roughly Rs. 8,600)
(4GB RAM/64 GB ROM) priced at CNY 1,199 (roughly Rs. 11,500)
There are some specs that differ with these variants. The base model with 2 GB of RAM comes with a Snapdragon 425 processor and does not feature a fingerprint sensor. It sports a 13 MP rear camera with LED flash capable of HDR. While the rear camera is a 5 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture. In comparison, the other two high-end variants sport a Snapdragon 435 chip with the Adreno 505 GPU. Both these have fingerprint sensors. Further, the rear camera is also bumped up to 16 MP with a 76-degree wide-angle sensor and soft light flash. Apart from these differences, they are basically the same devices all over.
Design-wise, the Redmi Note 5A has matured and sports a refined look. There are curves on the edges at the back that provide a good feel and grip. Apart from that, the design is mostly carried forward from the Redmi 4A. Below is the spec sheet for the Redmi Note 5A.
Redmi Note 5A Specs
- Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor/ Snapdragon 435 Processor
- 2 GB/3 GB/4 GB RAM
- Adreno 308/Adreno 505 GPU
- MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Gorilla Glass protection
- 13 MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture and LED flash/16 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- 5 MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 16 GB/32 GB/64 GB ROM
- Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Infrared Sensor
- Platinum Silver, Rose Gold, Champagne Gold
- 3080 mAh