Smartphones are only as good as their batteries. Once the juice is sucked up, your smartphone is as good as a dumb brick. Even after the recent leap in smartphone tech, the industry has not been able to innovate in batteries. The result is we have great smartphones with powerful processors that last us a day barely.
Of course, fast charging has come in and eased the pain of wall huggers a bit but prevention is always better than cure. There’s nothing like the freedom to move around without chargers knowing your phone won’t die on you. So, we’ve decided to round up some of the smartphones with monster batteries. And by monster batteries, we actually mean those that carry at least 5,000 mAh Li-ion juice packs. These phones, if used with discretion, can last you up to 2 days, and if onboard power saving techniques are used, maybe even more than that. Although they are not powerhouses, they can hold their own when it comes to performance. So without further ado, let’s take a look at the big battery smartphones in 2017.
The Lenovo P2 is a smartphone specially crafted for heavy users. It’s 5000mAh battery beneath a 5.5-inch Full HD screen is too good. I’ve personally tested the phone and I am a very heavy user. My WiFi or data stays on throughout the day, and there’s also high video consumption. Even with all that, I never need to charge it in the middle of the day. It comes with an aggressive power saving mode like on Samsung devices. 10% with this mode will carry you through a whole night easily. Apart from that, it is a decent performer now running Nougat. It can handle pretty much everything very well.
- Display: 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display Full HD (1920 x 1080) pixels.
- SOC – Snapdragon 625 Processor GPU: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 3 GB or 4 GB RAM variants.
- OS: Runs on Android OS v Nougat 7.0 with Pure Vibe UI
- Primary Storage: 32 for 3 GB & 64 GB for 4 GB variant.
- Secondary Storage: expandable up to 128 GB via Hybrid SIM card slot
- Cameras: 13 MP rear camera with Sony sensor and dual LED Flash & 5 MP front camera at f/2.2 aperture.
- Finger print sensor: Front Home Button
- Battery: 5100 mAh non-removable battery.
- Fast Charging and Reverse Charging Support – True.
- Price: Starts from 14,999 on Flipkart exclusively