Just earlier today we had reported on the fact that OnePlus had withdrawn update v.4.5.7 to OxygenOS due various issues, most notable of them being a decline in gaming performance of the OnePlus 5.
Now, just a day post the withdrawal of the update, the company has issued a brand new OxygenOS update, v.4.5.8. The update tackles both the stuttering faced during gaming and excessive battery drain reported by certain users after the 911 hotfix.
The update weighs in at ~310MB if you are updating from OxygenOS v.4.5.6, or 49MB if you are on v.4.5.7. Here is the changelog for the entire update (it is much the same as v.4.5.7).
Changelog of OxygenOS 4.5.6
- New additions:
- Introducing the all new OnePlus Slate font
- Added EIS for 4k video recording
- Updated Android security patch level to 1st July 2017
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements
- Standby battery enhancements
- Bug Fixes:
- Occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
- Camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
- Occasional stutters when playing games
- Battery drain for Jio users
Just like the last update, the roll out would be gradual so there might be some time before it hits you. You can check manually for the update by going into settings and scanning for latest updates.
Please note this is the official update and would require you to be on the regular OxygenOS build and not running the BETA build. Follow us on our social media to keep up to date with the latest in the world of Android.