OctOs is an Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) variant based ROM utilizing CyanogenMod 12.1 codebase. While we make every attempt to provide stable and reliable custom Android operating systems for our Unite 2, we can not guarantee that everything will work as expected. Without wasting any time let’s move ahead with checking out OctOS Custom ROM for Micromax Unite 2 (Mediatek MTK6582)
- Google Dialer features
- Option to use OmniSwitch as default app switcher
- Battery Icon style
- Clock & Date customization
- Double tapp to sleep
- Screen Recorder w/ sound
- Clear all button
- Circle memory bar
- Led customization
- Smooth progressbar
- Navigation Bar (On-Screen Buttons)
- Notification LED control
- ChaOS’s Active Display
- Status Bar modifications
- Battery Bar
- Notification drawer ribbon
- T-Mobile theme engine support
- Power Menu Options
- Apps Ops preserved
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- SuperSU is baked in now
- Quiet Hours
- Carrier Name choice
- StatusBar Font choice
- Clear All button and Memory Indicator options
- And if you tap the Kernel version like a mad man you’ll get our CandyPuss
- RIL (Calls, Dual SIM, Data only SIM1)
- Camera (Only Photos)
- 1080p Video Playback
- Notification Led
- Fix Apps 3rd party instlled drwer reeboot
- Sound Recorder Can not access to microphone (Set format to “WAV”)
- USSD (Is only working for some carriers)
How to Install:
- First download the Rom, Place to sdcard (Link bellow)
- Use CTR TWRP or Philz Recovery (Link bellow)
- Reboot to Recovery
- Backup your current Rom
- Then Full Wipe From Advanced Option (Except Sdcard)
- Now Install Rom,
- After complete, wipe cache & dalvik cache,
- Reboot & enjoy
- ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- Based On: CyanogenMod
- Status: Beta
Don’t Forget You Must Be A Join These Group For Upcoming DevelopmentOUR Offical Group Micromax Unite 2 A106 Official Development Group ????
- OctOS LP 5.1.1 : Download
- Low Sound Fix: Download
- FIX ZIP 1: Microphone Fix
- FIX ZIP 2: Cyanogen Apps Package aka C-App
- FIX ZIP 3: Bluetooth headset handfone fix
- FIX ZIP 4: CM Camera and gallery
- FIX ZIP 5: Hotspot
Do Not Mirror our files without talking to us. We can do that ourselves should we desire to.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this Android 5 (Lollipop)?
A: Yes, this is Android 5.1.1
Q: What code is OctL based on?
A: Starting with OctL, we’ve rebased OctOs on the CyanogenMod 12
Q: What happened to AOSP?
A: All Android code is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Under previous releases, we tried very hard to limit the number of “Not
from Google directly” repositories that we used. Unfortunately, issues with
devices, the need for Code Aurora Foundation (CAF) repositories for
Qualcomm devices, and compatibility issues meant fighting code more
often than not. We decided that since the codebase for many repositories
were the same across most ROMs, picking a starting point to build the user
experience on outweighed the desire to craft code from scratch, or fix
broken code to make it work with other changes we already had.
Q: Why isn’t there XXXXXXX feature.
A: Shoot us a Suggestion if you want to see something added. While we
are not going to promise to implement, we will always look into it
Big thanks to :
- Me (Vijay) For Porting
- TEAM OcToS
- EquiNox Team MediaTeK
- Equinox Team Mediatek ujwal.p, moonrotation, ricky_adhitya,
- Source Code: http://www.github.com/TeamOctOs
Join us Now!
Be the first to get News, Guides, Freebies & Wallpapers.