Samsung’s much anticipated Flagship smartphone Galaxy S8, which will be launched next month is finding some hard time being a secret. Because of new Renders & Specifications leaks almost everyday, the device is no more a surprise. Recently the design of Galaxy S8 was leaked by the S8 cases on the Internet. Today we have the leaked design renders of Samsung Galaxy S8 which hints a Bezel-less display concept.
The new renders show a Glass & Aluminium body design of the Samsung Galaxy S8 & its bigger sibling, Galaxy S8 Plus. The new renders claim to give much better look of the upcoming flagship smartphone which might come with a near “Bezel-less” design and curved displays spread across the corners. But unlike the Xiaomi Mi Mix, the top & chin of the Galaxy S8 are visible. So it won’t be completely Bezel-less.
As per the leaks, Samsung will continue with the same old Galaxy S7 frame i.e Metal & Glass design. The Galaxy S8 will have a screen size of 5.7 inches (or 5.8 inches), while the Galaxy S8 Plus will have a screen size of 6.1 inches (or 6.2 inches). Both devices will feature dual-edge curved Super AMOLED displays. As the Galaxy S8 case leaks, the device will have the finger print sensor at the back.
Unlike what some rumours suggested, neither of these devices would feature dual-camera setups. The power and volume buttons are located on the left side of the devices, while an additional physical button (believed to be dedicated for Samsung’s voice assistant, Bixby) is placed on the right side.
Although the Samsung Galaxy S8 is yet to be launched so it’s hard to believe whether Samsung would have assembled any Galaxy S8 units for distribution. But this picture was posted on a Chinese Social media platform running the Weibo app.
Expected Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Specifications
- Screen: 5.7-inch or 5.8-inch (Galaxy S8), 6.1-inch or 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Primary Camera: 12-megapixel, dual-pixel phase-detection autofocus, f/1.7, OIS, Auto HDR, and 4K video recording
- Secondary Camera: 8-megapixel, autofocus, f/1.7, and QHD video recording
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB/6GB, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, and Proximity
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Scanner, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus), Adaptive Fast Charging, and Fast Wireless Charging
A recent report claimed China prices for the Galaxy S8 – 6GB of RAM with 64GB storage variant is said to be priced at CNY 6,088 (roughly $844/Rs. 59,000) while the 128GB storage variant is said to be available at CNY 6,488 (roughly $942/Rs. 63,000).