If you are a Note 3 user who have rooted his smartphone since Lollipop 5.1.1, you might have installed Phronesis 5.1.1 ROM. It was one of the best ROMs available for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Well, its time to experience the same beauty with Android Marshmallow in Galaxy Note 3. It’s stable, solid, feature rich and full of customization you will ever want. The developer (oluwaponmile) claims that, Note 5 users will probably want to give away their phone to get Note 3 just to use the Phronesis N5 Port for N3. That sounds promising, doesn’t it? So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started with installing Phronesis Android Marshmallow (6.0) ROM in Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Note: Neither we & nor the developer would be held responsible for anything happening to your device during this process. It’s your decision to customise your device. We can only help you under such situation if its solvable. Make sure you are aware of Rooting & Custom ROMs before following this guide.
Features of Phronesis ROM for Galaxy Note 3
- Power optimization
- No heating issue
- Smooth as butter. You will never find a smoother rom
- Call forward implemented
- Modded SMS app. Write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you extra.
- Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
- Beautiful frames
- Recent menu rounded for beautification
- CSC default to BTU. You could find other CSC files to use in the aroma
- All relevant toggles enabled…toolbox, Multiwindows etc
- High volume warning disabled
- Data toggle warning disabled
- Play with system files as you ever want…framework properly patched
- Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
- Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. See Phronesis settings for more customisation
- Fully multi-language
- S7 Wallpaper included
- Latest Smart Manager included
- Disabled app signature verification
- Developer option enabled by default
- Exchange security bypass option
- Off Screen Music control
- LED indicator settings fully ported
- All apps in Multiwindow enabled
- Init.d supported
- Native blur implemented
- Gesture anywhere on home screen
Screenshots of Phronesis ROM
- A Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with TWRP 2.8.7 (Newer versions are not supported)
- Backup all important files, data, contacts & Apps. You can use Flashfire to backup all data (System+data) directly into your PC/Laptop.
- Format your SDcard to FAT32.
- Charge your Galaxy Note 3 upto 40% to avoid any random shutdown during flashing process, which may cause permanent damage to the device.
- Phronesis ROM: Download (Original Thread) | Gapps
- This ROM doesn’t comes with any Kernel. You can install any custom kernel available for Note 3 MM. The ROM was tested with Darklord kernel for Galaxy Note 3 by @darkera13.
How to Install Phronesis MM ROM in Galaxy Note 3
Step 1: Download the ROM file & GApps package from the links at the bottom of the post. Make sure you use a proper download manager & good internet connection to avoid data corruption while downloading files.
Step 2: Transfer the downloaded zip files in your Internal storage & boot into recovery. You can boot into recovery mode by two methods,
- Download Rebooter App from Google Play Store & grant root access. Launch the app & select, Reboot to recovery.
- Switch off your device, Press and hold Vol UP + Home + Power button simultaneously. Leave the keys after 5 secs.
Step 3: Once you have booted into recovery mode. To backup your current system, Go to “Backup & Restore” and select System, data & boot.
Step 4: Now its time to flash Phronesis ROM in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 But before doing that, go to Wipe (in TWRP Recovery) & select cache, system, data dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm wiping.
Step 5: Go to TWRP Home & click on Install. As this ROM doesn’t have any kernel, you need to keep any other kernel in your device’s storage to flash immediately after flashing the ROM. There are two options in aroma to choose from, you can choose to keep your existing
kernel or install a new kernel after rom flash.
Step 6. Select the ROM zip file from the file manager. Swipe to confirm flashing. This might take around 2-3mins.
Step 7. Similarly, flash the Patch & Gapps zip files. You can flash any kernel zip files as mentioned by the kernel developer.
Only Qualcomm Snapdragon Variants
- Note 3 international: N9005 / N900W8
- Note 3 Japan: N900D / SC-01F / SCL22 / DCM / AU
- Note 3 Korea: N900S / N900K / N900L
- Note 3 T-Mobile: N900T
- Note 3 Sprint: N900P
- Note 3 Indian: N9002
- Galaxy J: SC-02F
A List of supported Devices and there Kernel Codes:
- N9005: hlte-eur
- N900A: hlte-att
- N900W8: hlte-can
- N900P: hlte-spr
- N900R4: hlte-usc
- N900T: hlte-tmo
- N900V: hlte-vzw
- N900K: hlte-ktt or hlte-kor
- N900L: hlte-lgt or hlte-kor
- N900S: hlte-skt or hlte-kor
- SC-01F: hlte-dcm
- SCL22: hlte-kdi
That’s it! Thanks to the developer oluwaponmile & his team for providing us such an awesome Marshmallow ROM for Galaxy Note 3. If you find any bug, you can report it to the developer in a polite way. Now you have installed ROM, its time to install Xposed Framework in Galaxy Note 3. Hope you have a great time with this ROM.