Many of you might not know, Cyanogen Inc. developers two ROMs. Devices like OnePlus One, YU etc are shipped with CyanogenOS. Now what is CyanogenOS? You normally use “Android” OS which is made by Google and it’s also known as Stock Android or AOSP. Cyanogen, adds extra features like Themes, Status bar customization etc. to this Stock Android. Cyanogen Inc. has 2 version of its Open-source:
- CyanogenOS (Official)
- CyanogenMod (CM, unofficial)
The Cyanogen Apps Package gives users of CyanogenMod access to apps previously only available on Cyanogen OS, the commercial version that comes preloaded on retail smartphones. By flashing the Cyanogen Apps Package, you gain access to AudioFX, Theme Chooser, Theme Store, Gallery, and dialer with Truecaller. You’ll also be able to create a Cyanogen account in CyanogenMod
CyanogenOS comes with In-built True caller App, Cyaogen’s theme store, Cyanogen Gallery, Cyanogen File manager & few more. This Apps are not found in CyanogenMod ROM which is available for most of the devices. Recently Cyanogen provided CyanogenOS’s Official Apps package that are flashable in any CyanogenMod (CM) based ROMs. We’ll checkout the exact procedure to Install this Apps package (Cyanogen Apps/ C-Apps) without messing up with your device. To know more about CyanogenOS, you can check Android Central‘s Post.
Note: You must be on any CyanogenMod based ROM for ex: Resurrection Remix (RR), PacMan, AICP, Slim ROMs, Blisspop or any other CM based ROMs.
How to Install Cyanogen Apps (C-Apps)
- Download Cyanogen Apps Package: Download
- Place the package in internal storage or in sd card
- Reboot your device to recovery via any one of these methods:
- Using the power-on key combo for your device.
- Running adb reboot recovery from your computer.
- Advanced Reboot power menu (enabled in Developer Options).
- Choose “Install zip” or “Apply update” from within recovery and navigate to the zip-file loaded earlier.
- Confirm/Press Yes to flash the C-Apps Package.
- Reboot to System & configure True caller.
How to uninstall Cyanogen Apps (C-Apps) using Recovery
- Reboot your device to Recovery mode via any of the above given methods.
- Go to Format & Backup (CWM) or Format (TWRP).
- Select System partition & confirm formatting.
- Now fresh install CyanogenMod Package or any other ROM.
How to remove C-Apps using ADB:
Connect your device to your computer and open a terminal or command prompt.
- adb root
- adb remount
- adb shell rm /system/addon.d/01-cyngn.sh
- Reflash CyanogenMod zip for your device.
Cyanogen Apps are a great addition to CyanogenMod. However, some devices throw Force close after installing C-Apps. Please take a nandroid backup before flashing the zip file. Don’t flash the zip file in any other ROMs which are not based on CyanogenMod (CM). If you are not sure whether your ROM is CM based, you can search through the ROM page or ask the developers. Let us know your views about the C-Apps in the comment section below.
Join us Now!
Be the first to get News, Guides, Freebies & Wallpapers.