Google Huawei Nexus 6P is a really promising device from Google which actually stands some where near to a Perfect Android device. Along with the awesome hardware, Nexus 6P also comes with a guaranteed Software updates as it is a “Nexus”. Out of the box Nexus 6P comes with a Stock Google Android Marshmallow with few software bugs which are fixed now. Google has released Android N 7.1 for Nexus 6P which comes with great features.
Even though the device serves well, after some time, you might get bored of the same theme even after using launcher. For the people who like to experiment with their device & explore various possibilities, installing a custom ROM & increasing your device’s potential is one of the option. Today we’re here with Cyanogenmod (CM) 14.1 (Android 7.1) Custom ROM for Google Nexus 6P. If you’re not sure about Cyanogenmod, you must read Cyanogenmod ROM Features: Why you must install Cyanogenmod!
Features of CyanogenMod 14
- Android N’s Multi-window.
- Quick switching apps
- Clean, elegant & pure.
- Redesigned Notifications & option for quick reply.
- Notification prioritization
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Doze Mode on the Go
- Multi-language support, emoji and app links
- New settings menu.
- Data Saver
- Do Not Disturb
- Recent apps changes
- Seamless updates
- Direct Boot
- Better backups and Accessibility settings
CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove… Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use a boost in performance. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes. If so, CyanogenMod might be for you.
- Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P Bootloader.
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery: How to Root & Install Recovery in Nexus 6P.
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Google Nexus 6P. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
Install Official CyanogenMod 14 ROM on Nexus 6P:
- Transfer the downloaded CM 14 & GApps zip, in your Nexus 6P
- Turn off / Switch your Huawei Nexus 6P
- Press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the CM 14 downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Video review & Installation:
Download CyanogenMod 14 (CM 14) & GApps for Nexus 6P
- CyangeonMod 14.1 ROM: Download.
- GApps 7.1 for Google Nexus 6P: GApps 7.1 (ARM64/6.0/Pico – for basic Google Apps)
Once you have installed Cyanogenmod 14.1 in your Nexus 6P, checkout complete list of CM 14 themes & pick the one which fits in your choice. If you found any bug after installing the ROM, just wait for few days, Cyanogen developers will fix it in next update.
Join us Now!
Be the first to get News, Guides, Freebies & Wallpapers.