Its 2016 & Samsung has yet not released latest Android OS for Galaxy S3 I9300. But don’t worry, thanks to Cyanogenmod (CM) for releasing Official Cyanogenmod 13 (CM 13) i.e Android Marshmallow 6.0. As Galaxy S3 I9300 won’t be getting an official Marshmallow update firmware its an awesome way to taste Android M build in your Galaxy S3 I9300. This ROM is completely stable but you might find few bugs, which we believe will be rectified in the final version of this custom firmware. The entire process is pretty simple, you just have to flash the Cyanogenmod 13 6.0 ROM of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 through TWRP Recovery. Make sure you follow every steps carefully or else you won’t be able to boot into CM 13 ROM.
Features of CyanogenMod 13 (CM 13) in Galaxy S3 I9300
- Finger Print support
- Multi Window Support
- New Sytem UI and more Customization
- Better Battery through Doze
- New “Do Not Disturb” settings, a good step up from Lollipop
- Better Theme App.
- All the features of Android M
- Top 5 Material design Music Players for Android.
- Top 10 best Android launchers for Android.
- 21 Ways to make Android phone faster.
About CyanogenMod (CM)
CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove… Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use a boost in performance. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes. If so, CyanogenMod might be for you.
- Root & Install Latest 2.8.7 TWRP Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
What works in CM 13 for Galaxy S3:
- SD card
- RIL (calls, SMS and data) – SIM lock probably works now, too.
- Now everything works perfectly! [Update: 22/12/15]
Wifi occasionally turns off after a minute or so when the screen is off Wifi p2p doesn’t work Netflix’s colours mess up after watching for a bit Non-FAT32 SD cards don’t work
- Fixed everything, Everything works perfectly!
Install CyanogenMod 13 6.0.1 ROM in Galaxy S3 I9300:
- Transfer the downloaded CM 13 & GApps zip, in your Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Turn off / Switch your Galaxy S3 I9300
- Press and hold Press Volume UP + Home Button + Power Key at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the CM 13 downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Bootloop after installing the ROM?
Try wiping data, cache, dalvik, system and re-installing. Some people have reported that dirty flashing over CM 12.1 works.
Download CyanogenMod 13 & GApps for Galaxy S3 I9300
- CyangeonMod 13 ROM: Download.
- GApps for CM 13 Galaxy S3: Gapps 6.0 (ARM/6.0/Mini) Do not boot the ROM before flashing these, or you will have to factory reset. For Now on Tap, use mini or higher
Also Read: List of all Cyanogenmod CM 12.1 Themes
To enable Root access, Enable developer options and look in Settings -> Developer options -> root access. Currently Doze doesn’t work in Galaxy S3 I9300 but the developers might fix this in future updates. If your camera crashes frequently, download Google Camera from Playstore, don’t use the Camera of GApps. To Fix Stock browsing crashing issues, You need to grant it permission to access storage in Settings -> Apps -> Browser -> Permissions. If you have any other issue, contact Cyanogenmod using the report feature. Hope you are enjoying Marshmallow in Galaxy S3 I9300. Peace!
Last updated on: