Google Huawei Nexus 6P is a really promising device from Google which actually stands some where near to a Perfect Android device. Along with the awesome hardware, Nexus 6P also comes with a guaranteed Software updates as it is a “Nexus”. Out of the box Nexus 6P comes with a Stock Google Android Marshmallow with few software bugs which are fixed now. Even though the device serves well, after some time, you might get bored of the same theme even after using launcher. Thanks to Cyanogenmod developers for a stable build of Cyanogenmod 13 (Android Marshmallow).
Features of CyanogenMod 13
- Finger Print support
- Multi Window Support
- New Sytem UI and more Customization
- Better Battery through Doze
- New “Do Not Disturb” settings, a good step up from Lollipop
- Better Theme App.
- All the features of Android M.
CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove… Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use a boost in performance. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes. If so, CyanogenMod might be for you.
- Unlock Huawei Nexus 6P Bootloader.
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery: How to Root & Install Recovery in Nexus 6P.
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Google Nexus 6P. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
Install Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM on Nexus 6P:
- Transfer the downloaded CM 13 & GApps zip, in your Nexus 6P
- Turn off / Switch your Huawei Nexus 6P
- Press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the CM 13 downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Download CyanogenMod 13 & GApps for Nexus 6P
- CyangeonMod 13 ROM: Download. (Click on 1st link under “CyanogenMod Build“)
- GApps 6.0 for Google Nexus 6P: GApps 6.0.x (ARM64/6.0/Pico – for basic Google Apps)
- Changelogs of CM 13 Nexus 6P: CMlogs (Just for info)
Once you have installed Cyanogenmod 13 in your Nexus 6P, checkout complete list of CM 12.1 themes & pick the one which fits in your choice. If you found any bug after installing the ROM, just wait for few days, Cyanogen developers will fix it in next update.
Last updated on: