Xiaomi’s game changing device, Redmi 2 & Redmi 2 Prime has pretty good hardware & comes with Xiaomi’s custom UI, MIUI. But just like other Chinese manufacturers, Xiaomi keeps delaying updates which really frustates everyone. But thanks to nick37332001 from XDA, he compiled one of the best Custom ROM, Resurrection Remix. It has tones of customizations, best performance, battery fixes (Doze feature). I personally think, Resurrection Remix is the perfect ROM in every aspects, battery & Performance. The developer provides almost weekly updates with new fixes in every updates. We have already discussed Top 10 best Custom ROMs for Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime, lets checkout Ressurection Remix ROM for Redmi 2/2A/Prime
Features of Resurrection Remix based on CM 13
- Finger Print support
- Multi Window Support
- New Sytem UI and more Customization
- Better Battery through Doze
- New “Do Not Disturb” settings, a good step up from Lollipop
- Better Theme App.
- All the features of Android M.
About Resurrection Remix ROM
Resurrection Remix ROM is compiled from Google, CyanogenMod, Omni, Paranoid Android, AOKP and Slim ROMs. Resurrection Remix ROM has a mix of features from many ROMs, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features Even with so many customizations and features available, the ROM is very battery-friendly.
Everything works with few minor bugs like Camera FC on picture taken. Well thats OK, atleast you get to use the latest Android build i.e Android Marshmallow.
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery: TWRP (Install this TWRP recovery only)
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Xiaomi Redmi 2/Prime. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
- ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.94
- Based On: Resurrection Remix (CM 13)
- Status: Beta
- Updated: Daily/Weekly.
Install Resurrection Remix ROM in Redmi 2/Prime:
Flashing from other ROMs like MIUI, CM ROM, flyOS or any other:
1. Download the ROM file from the below link & place it in your SDcard/Internal memory.
2. Switch off your device. Press & hold Power+Volup+Voldown buttons. This will boot your device into TWRP Recovery (Install the TWRP recovery given above).
3. Goto Wipe> Advanced Option> Select data, System, Cache & Dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm. Please don’t select Internal memory & SDcard.
4. Go back to TWRP menu & select Install zip from SDcard & locate the downloaded Resurrection-Remix-M-vXXX-XXXX-wt88047.zip file from the file explorer.
5. Swipe to Install. Wait for the message, Install successful! Now to flash GApps package, Go back to Install. Select Gapps package & swipe to Install.
6. Now clear cache & dalvik cache. That’s it! Now reboot your device.
Flashing from Resurrection Remix ROM:
- Download the ROM file & transfer it in your Internal memory/SDcard.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding Power+Volup+Voldown buttons
- Click on Install & select the Resurrection Remix zip file & swipe to install. Wait for the Installation to complete.
- Now wipe cache & dalvik cache.
Last updated on: