YU launched its one of the most cheapest device, YU Yunique with 4G functionality. But as usual, like every other company, they forgot about Software updates or bug fixes. YU phones are gaining more exposure in Indian markets but the quality of after phone service is below average. Lets not talk about that, thanks to DC07 YU Yunique users can now enjoy Cyanogenmod 13 (CM 13) based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 with almost zero bugs.
Features of CyanogenMod 13
- Finger Print support
- Multi Window Support
- New Sytem UI and more Customization
- Better Battery through Doze
- New “Do Not Disturb” settings, a good step up from Lollipop
- Better Theme App.
- All the features of Android M.
CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove… Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use aboost in performance. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes. If so, CyanogenMod might be for you.
If the ROM stable?
Yes, its completely stable. All the basic functions like calling,Wifi, bluetooth.. almost everything are working. However, the developer has clearly mentioned that its an initial build so it might contain some bugs. So try this ROM at your own risk.
- Unlock Yu Yunique Bootloader.
- Root & Install TWRP Recovery: How to Root & Install Recovery in Nexus 6P.
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for YU Yunique (jalebi). Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
Install Official CyanogenMod 13 ROM in YU Yunique:
- Transfer the downloaded CM 13 & GApps zip, in your YU Yunique.
- Turn off / Switch your YU Yunique.
- Press and hold volume down and power keys at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache,Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the CM 13 downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Download CyanogenMod 13 & GApps for YU Yunique
- CyangeonMod 13 ROM: Download.
- GApps 6.0: GApps 6.0.x YU Yunique (ARM64/6.0/Pico – for basic Google Apps)
Once you have installed Cyanogenmod 13 in your YU Yunique, checkout complete list of CM 12.1 themes & pick the one which fits in your choice. Please don’t complain about the bugs or anything as you have decided to make this modifications. Peace!