While Christmas is around the corner, Samsung Smartphones has been receiving Official & UnOfficial Cyanogenmod Nightly builds for their Flagship smartphones like Galaxy S3. Cyanogenmod has been releasing Cyanogenmod 13 (Android 6.0.1) builds for old Smartphones like Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4 . As per reports, Samsung won’t release Marshmallow updates for Galaxy S4 mini models. Thanks to Cyanogenmod for Official CM 13 builds for Galaxy S4 mini models (GT-I9190/I9195). Well, as its an Official CM build, you don’t need to decide whether to Install it or not. There won’t be any bugs, just go for it. The process is pretty simple just follow the below mentioned steps carefully!
CyanogenMod is an alternative operating system intended to replace the one pre-installed on your smart phones and tablets. If you’ve got an older device that isn’t getting updates anymore, or if your device seems unusually slow, or maybe you’re sick of spyware, adware, and other unwanted garbage on your phone that you can’t remove… Maybe your device is missing features or has been otherwise artificially limited in functionality. Perhaps you just could use a boost in performance. Or maybe you’d like to be more confident that your operating system has included some of the latest bug fixes. If so, CyanogenMod might be for you.
- Root & Install Latest TWRP Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Open Google Play Store or click here to get directly to the GooManager’s page.
- Press ‘Install’ and wait for the app to flash on your device.
- Go to App drawer and launch GooManager app.
- Press the ‘menu’ capacitive button of your Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Select ‘Install OpenRecoveryScript’ from the drop-down options list.
- Confirm that you wish to install it.
- The phone will now take care of the rest of the process and complete the installation of TWRP Recovery.
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 variant only!. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files.
Install CyanogenMod 13 6.0.1 ROM in Galaxy S4 Mini:
- Transfer the downloaded CM 13 & GApps zip, in your Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Turn off your Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Press and hold Press Volume UP + Home Button + Power Key at the same time to boot into Recovery mode.
- Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup, if you want to return to the previous ROM. Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe right to backup.
- After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
- Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
- Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
- Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option.
- Locate the CM 13 downloaded zip file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
- Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
- From recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Do not restore backup data of system apps!
- If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
- It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.
Download Cyanogenmod 13 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini:
ROM (Download ROM as per your device model no)
GApps: GApps 6.0.x.
1. How to Enable Root in Cyanogenmod 13?
Goto Phone Settings> About Phone> Tap the build no. for 7 times. Now go back to settings & you’ll find Developer Options. In Development Options, Goto Root Access>Apps only. That’s it!