Motorola has recently launched its latest Moto G 3rd Gen(2015) which has pretty good improvements over its previous Moto G models. However, you can get the most out of your device by accessing the core contents & rooting your Moto G 3rd Gen running on Android Lollipop 5.1.1. Today, we’ll learn how to Unlock Bootloader in Moto G 3rd Gen in few simple steps which is completely Official and 100% safe.
Unlocking Bootloader :
2. Turn off your device. Now, Turn The device ‘ON’ by holding volume down button and power key for 5 sec and release it. You will see Boot loader screen.
3. Now, Plug in your device to PC.
4. Goto C: > android-sdk > platform-tools OR Where you have installed Android SDK. Now Hold the shift key and right click on the mouse in any black area in SDK Folder, you’ll find an option as “Open Command window here”. Click on it.
5. Type the below code in the command prompt / Terminal.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
Example: On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would be$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
On a Mac OS Desktop, the returned string format would be INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
6. Paste together the 5 lines of output into one continuous string without (bootloader) or ‘INFO’ or white spaces. Your string needs to look like this:
7. Now, Goto Motorola’s Boot loader unlock site & login with Google. Paste the entire code in the input box which says, Check if your device can be unlocked by pasting the string by pasting the string in the field below & clicking can my device be unlocked.
- Unlock Moto G 3rd Gen
8. After pasting click on “Can my device be unlocked.” After that, you’ll see a request unlock key option at the bottom of the page. Check I agree and click Request Unlock Key. You’ll receive the unlock key in your Gmail.
9. Copy the key from your Gmail Account and paste in a notepad file, Open the previously opened Command prompt / Terminal & type:
fastboot oem unlock "YOURKEY" (Replace YOURKEY with the key you received)
10. Congratulation, you have successfully unlocked the Bootloader of your Moto G 3rd Gen.
Last updated on: