It is 11th of October today and Huawei has made the Honor 7X official at an event in China. The Honor 7X succeeds the Honor 6X and is an upgrade in every respect to its predecessor. However, it is also the same device that was launched days earlier in India, labelled Honor 9i (Maimang 6 in China) minus the dual camera at the front. Frankly, you could just write the whole spec sheet of the Honor 9i and call it the Honor 7X.
There are some design changes, however, in the phone like the dual camera arrangement that is horizontal on the top left at the back. There’s also the Honor branding on the lower lip of the phone at the front.
The Honor 7X front is dominated by a 5.93-inch Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. It is topped with 2.5D curved glass. It has the same Kirin 659 SoC that is on board the Honor 9i. The same rear camera sensors that accompany the Honor 9i rear. The front has just a single 8 MP sensor. Even the Android Nougat version is the same and so is the 3,340 mAh battery.
The Honor 7X will come in Gold, Aurora Blue and Black colours. It has 3 variants of 32 GB/64 GB/128 GB all with 4 GB of RAM. The phone will retail starting October 17.
Honor 7X: (32 GB) 1299 Yuan, (64 GB) 1699 Yuan, (128 GB) 1999 Yuan.
Honor 7X specifications
- 5.93-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Hybrid Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.3 x 7.6mm; Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3340mAh battery