After a frenzy of leaks, the Oppo F5 has had a formal official announcement in Manila, Philippines. We expect the phone to launch on November 2 in India. We must say, after having every imaginative detail leak, the official launch does seem much less intriguing. Nonetheless, here are the nuts and bolts of the Oppo F5.
The Oppo F5 is the very first bezel-less phone from the Chinese phone maker. The 6-inch screen is front and centre of the showcase and has an 18:9 aspect ratio. Apart from that, design elements are mainly borrowed from last year’s Oppo F3. Another key highlight of the phone is the AI tech that will beautify photos or selfies with the help of facial recognition. Facial recognition can also unlock the phone although you can rely on the biometric scanner at the back.
Under the hood, the phone rocks a MediaTek MY6763T chip and 4GB/6GB RAM depending on the model you choose. The display comes with a Full HD+ resolution and runs Android 7.1 Nougat fused with ColorOS 3.2. Storage capacity is 32 GB while battery capacity is 3200 mAh with VOOC charge.
The rear camera of the phone is a single 16 MP shooter with f/1.8 aperture and LED flash. While the front is a 20 MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture.
The Oppo F5 price starts at PHP 15,990 (roughly Rs. 20,000) for the 4 GB + 32 GB variant. It comes in Gold and Black colours. It is up for pre-order in the Philippines. Credits for the below specs go to Fonearena.
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P23 16nm processor with 800MHz ARM Mali G71 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with ColorOS 3.2
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76 x 7.5mm; Weight: 152g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3200mAh built-in battery