ADB and Fastboot are one of the most important tools used when working with Android devices. It acts as a middle man, who allows you to push, modify, debug, and tweak system files very easily. It also allows you to unlock your device’s bootloader with just few commands. So if you are into flashing, unlocking or rooting your Android smartphone, ADB and Fastboot are a must have tool for you, as an Android device owner.
Typically if you want to install ADB and Fastboot you have to download and setup the Android SDK which is of size more than 1GB (If you really want to learn about Android Development we highly recommend downloading and installing the full Android SDK), but this can be unnecessary for people who just want to install ADB and Fastboot. You can just get the ADB tool to get the task done.
Features of Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool:
- Easy to Install: ADB and Fastboot with a simple to use installer. Just below the onscreen instructions & press next. That’s it!
- Lightweight: Total installation size is around 2 MB whereas Android SDK takes takes about 1.5-2GB after installation.
- Your device is plugged into your computer
- You have USB Debugging enabled under Developer Options (Note: This may be listed as ADB Debugging on some ROM’s)
- Installed USB Drivers of your device & your computer is recognizing your device : USB Drivers for all Android
Latest version: v1.4.3 Changelog: (22-5-17)
- Updated adb and fastboot to API 23 version (Android 6.0)
- Prepared for eventual open sourcing of Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Download Minimal ADB & Fasboot Tool for Android:
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4.3: Download | Mirror [Latest]
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4.2: Download
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.4: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.3.1: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.3: Download | Mirror
- Minimal ADB & Fastboot 1.2: Download | Mirror
How to Install Minimal ADB & Fastboot Tool
Well installing the Minimal ADB & Fastboot tool is really very easy. Just launch the .exe file & Click on Next > Next & Install.
Once you have installed the tool, launch the tool from the desktop icon named as “Minimal ADB and Fastboot”. You should now see a command window open, with the command window open you can now issue ADB and Fastboot commands to your device
- Minimal ADB only works with Windows OS both 64-bit & 32-bit.
- Make sure to use the most latest version of tool to flash files in latest Android version devices as well as with old devices.
- Install ADB USB Drivers for Android device by connecting your device in USB Debugging mode.
- To check if everything is working well, enter “adb devices” in the command window. It will return your device code which means everything is set to go!
Learning ADB commands will help you come out of non-working devices or tweak your device. Most of all, it will help you increase your knowledge regarding Android system & its files.