The Note series got to a place where now everyone else wants to be in too, including Apple. Samsung has created a very strong brand name in the Smartphone market. List of Samsung device’s that will get Android Nougat update is officially out now. There’s no official statement regarding Android N update for Samsung Note 4. Although the device has pretty decent specification that can run Android 7.1 smoothly, Samsung is in no mood to let people stick to its old models. But no worries, you can update T-mobile Samsung Note 4 to Android N (7.1) unofficially. The unofficial Nougat ROM seems to be stable & the developer releases bug fixes frequently.
The ROM is AOSP based i.e you won’t the old sluggish Touchwiz UI that you might have been using before. AOSP provides more free RAM, clean Animations & more performance as compared to custom Samsung UI. To install this update, you must be rooted & have a custom recovery (TWRP) installed.
- Status: Stable
- ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- Supported device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (trltetmo)
- Root & Install Latest TWRP in your Samsung Note 4.(Download Goomanger App & select Note 4 from the list to install TWRP recovery)
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Samsung Note 4 (trltetmo). Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data in your PC directly using flashfire: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
- To backup all your Apps, use Titanium Backup so that you can restore them later.
- It boots
- Sensors work
- Camera(but autofocus is flaky at best, this was a problem on MM too)
Known issues/not working:
- Camera is not working properly.
- Call Audio
- The phone acts like it’s a dual sim phone, no usability is sacrificed, it just shows two APN settings and the carrier on Dialer
How to install Android N in Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Step 1. Transfer the downloaded AOSP ROM & GApps zip in Note 4 & Turn off / Switch off your device.
Step 2. To boot into TWRP recovery, Press and hold Power, Volume Up and the Home button until you see Recovery booting in blue at the top of your screen. Release the buttons.
Step 3. Do not forget to perform a nandroid backup, Goto backup option in TWRP and select all the partitions including System, Data, Boot, Recovery and swipe right to backup.
Step 4. After performing the ROM backup, go back to the TWRP main menu and tap the wipe button.
Step 5. Then, select Advanced Wipe, as well as Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache (Don’t select Internal storage)
Step 6. Next, swipe to confirm. Wait for the wiping process to complete.
Step 7. Next, Goto TWRP main menu & goto Install option. Locate the ROM file & tap on it. Now swipe to Install the ROM.
Step 8. Once the installation process is finished successfully, Again Goto TWRP Main menu, Tap on Install & locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to install GApps Package.
Step 9. From recovery select “reboot”. First boot might take 4-5mins, so don’t panic.
Download AOSP Android Nougat (7.0) ROM for Samsung Note 4
That’s it folks! You have successfully installed latest Android Nougat in your Samsung Note 4. The ROM might not be very smooth as it’s an initial build but you can expect stable Nougat ROMs for Note 4 after this release. Did you like the AOSP 7.1 UI in your Note 4? Let us know in the comment section.
Last updated on: