Smartphone with largest battery capacity i.e 10000mAh, Oukitel K10000 gained attraction in smartphone industry mainly because of its large battery at a very low price. But being a Chinese manufactured device, there’s no Official custom ROM development because of no kernel sources which is pretty obvious with Mediatek devices. But thanks to tech mashido, from XDA-Developers who have successfully compiled the first CM based ROM for Mediatek MT6735. The ROM is almost stable & can be used as daily driver. Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Oukitel K10000 | Android Lollipop Custom ROM for Oukitel K10000
If you don’t know about Cyanogenmod, CM is a open source Android OS that is built from Android base with many customization options & themes which are not found in Stock Android.
- ROM OS Version: 5.1.1 Lollipop
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- Based On: CM 13
- Status: Stable
- Root (How to root) & Install TWRP recovery (TWRP | How to Install)
- Check the battery percentage of the phone, it should be at least 40%.
- This ROM is only for Oukitel K10000. Please don’t try this on any other smartphones.
- Backup all your data: Contacts, Photos, Apps & other files. (Although you will not lose other files except contacts & Apps, but its better to be on the safer side)
What’s working CM 12.1 for Oukitel K10000:
- Wifi hotspot/Tethering
- Video Recording
- Sound Recording
CM 12.1 Walkthrough
How to Install CM 12.1 ROM in Oukitel K10000:
Step 1: Open Flash tool > Install Tools > Output & launch SPMultiPortFlash.
Step 2: Open Download Agent file. Goto File > Open Download Agent
Step 3: Select the “MTK_AllinOne_DA” file from the flash tool output folder.
Step 4: Follow futhur steps as shown in the following PPT: Flash Tool Guide
Download CM 12.1 for Oukitel K10000:
Credits: tech mashido | Dean Evan
To enable Root access, Goto Developer Options> Root access. Please don’t complain about the known bugs. After installing, check All CM 12.1 Themes. If you don’t like any themes, you can checkout How to make own Cyanogen theme.
Last updated on: