Samsung Galaxy E5 was launched in January 2015 as one of the budget Smartphone from Samsung. The devices comes with Android KitKat; which is pretty outdated in 2016. We are kick starting 2016 with Android Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy E5. As its an unofficial build, you might find some bugs. But thats completely OK, as we get to taste Cyanogenmod 13 – CM 13 (Android M) in Galaxy E5. If you are not aware of Cyanogenmod, then you just need to know that, its a Custom OS which offers many options to customize your device unlike Stock Android. Before starting off with Installing CM 13 in Galaxy E5, make sure you comply with all the prerequisites. Lets begin with Updating Galaxy E5 to Android M 6.0.1!
- ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- ROM Firmware Required: Stock 5.1.1 Firmware
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- Status: Beta
Prerequisites before Installing CM 13 ROM:
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- Rooted Galaxy E5 (E500H) with custom recovery like TWRP, CWM, Philiz etc. (Guide)
- Backup all your important data so that if in case anything goes wrong, you can switch back to stock ROM & restore the backup data.
- Galaxy E5 (E500H) charged upto 50% to avoid shutdown during the flashing process.
- Required ROM file & GApps package (At the end of post)
- You must be on Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Note: Devs-Lab won’t be held responsible for anything happening to your device during this process as you have decided to make this modifications. This ROM is only for E500H variant. Don’t install in any other variant. If you are new to Rooting, you must refer to Complete guide about Rooting. After this process, your warranty will be void & in most cases, you won’t be able to get it back.
Screenshots of CM 13 ROM in Galaxy E5
Bugs in CM 13 for Galaxy E5:
- No Audio on Speaker
- FM Radio is broken
How to install CM 13 in Samsung Galaxy E5
Step 1: Download the ROM file & GApps package from the links at the bottom of the post. Make sure you use a proper download manager & good internet connection to avoid data corruption while downloading files.
Step 2: Transfer the downloaded zip files in your Internal storage & boot into recovery. You can boot into recovery mode by two methods, Use TWRP Recovery only
- Download Rebooter App from Google Play Store & grant root access. Launch the app & select, Reboot to recovery.
- Switch off your device, Press and hold Vol UP + Home + Power button simultaneously. Leave the keys after 5 secs.
Step 3: Once you have booted into recovery mode, Optional: Go to “Backup & Restore” and select System, data, boot.
Step 4: Now its time to flash CM 13 in Galaxy E5 But before doing that, go to Wipe (in TWRP Recovery) & select cache, system (Select system only if you are coming from other ROMs), data dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm wiping.
Step 5: Go to TWRP Homescreen & click on Install. Select the CM 13 ROM for Galaxy E5 zip from the list of files. Swipe to confirm flashing. This might take around 5mins.
Step 6: Once you have completed flashing the ROM, flash the GApps package by again going into Install and locate the GApps zip file. Swipe to confirm & you’re done with Installation part.
Step 7: Now clear cache & boot your device. First boot might take sometime so no need to panic.
Also Read: How to create your own Cyanogenmod theme
Download CM 13 (Android M) for Galaxy E5
- TWRP Recovery: Download
- CM 13 ROM: Download
- List of Cyanogenmod 13 Themes: CM 13 themes
- Google Apps Package: Gapps 6.0
- Credits: Jackeagle.
To enable root access, Goto Developer options (Settings>About Phone>Tap build no. 7 times)>Root access. Please don’t complain about known bugs as developers already know those bugs. You can report the bugs in the forum with logcat.
Join us Now!
Be the first to get News, Guides, Freebies & Wallpapers.