The login screen background on Windows 10 displays a Windows 10 wallpaper by default. But for those who love customization, you’d love to know that Windows allows you to change the Login screen background in Windows 10. Well it not just limited to changing the wallpaper, you can even change the background with a colour of your choice. For those who want to change the background of the WIndows 10 login screen, here’s how you can do so.
How to Change the Login screen Background to a single Color:
For those who love minimalism, you can change the Windows 10 background to a single color. However this is not a built in feature in windows, so you will have to make some changes in the windows registry in order to be able to change the Windows 10 login background into a single flat color. You can download the registry file provided below and double click on it to make the required changes in the windows registry editor.
Alternatively, if you would like to manually make the changes in the Windows 10 registry, simply follow the instructions provided below.
1. Type in Regedit in the Windows search bar and press enter.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System
3. Create a new DWORDvalue and name it DisableLogonBackgroundImage
4. Right click on the new Dword value and set its value as 00000001
That’s it, you can now press the Windows + L key and voila!, the background of the login screen should have been changed into a single flat color.
How to Change the Login Screen Background Color.
By default the Login screen’s background color will be the same “accent color” that’s being used everywhere else on the Windows 10 desktop. If you want to change the accent color, then you can change it from the Personalization menu on windows. Here’s how you can do that.
1. Right click on anywhere on windows desktop and selectPersonalization.
2. Turn Off the Automatically pick an accent color from the Background option.
If you would like windows to automatically choose the accent color from the desktop’s wallpaper, you can turn on the option.
- Now select Colors and choose from any of the colors available.
Unfortunately the number of color options provided in the accent color option is very limited. If you want to pick any other color apart from the ones available, you will need to access the hidden Control Panel interface for picking a color.
- Press theWindows key + R to bring up the run command.
- Type inexe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,Advanced,@Advanced and press enter.
- Click on Show color mixer and adjust the values to find your preferred color
How to change the Background of the Windows 10 Login screen.
Unfortunately Microsoft has not provided any options to change the background of the windows 10 login screen. However there are third party tools available on the internet, that can be used to change the background of the login screen on windows 10. As usual these third party tools work fine on most systems, but there are still some risks associated with them. So I would advise you to proceed ahead on your own risk.
Developed by Alphawaves from the Mydigitallife forums, Windows 10 login changer is a free tool that can help you to change the background of the windows 10 login screen. However it is compulsory for you to register on the Mydigitallife forums to download the latest version of the Windows 10 login changer tool.
For your convenience, here’s the download link for the Windows 10 login changer tool: Download Tool
Once you’ve downloaded the tool, run it with administrator rights.
Note: Make sure you undo any registry changes made in the previous method.
- Click anywhere on the tool and select an image that you would like to use as the background on the Windows 10 login screen.
Check the Login screen by pressing Windows key + L and the login screen background should have been changed.
Join us Now!
Be the first to get News, Guides, Freebies & Wallpapers.