Lava N454 comes with Android Icecream sandwich 4.0.4 which is way too old in 2015. Lava has no plans of releasing any OTA updates for this phone in future because of its price tag and lava’s poor service. But thanks to Manish Gussain who built a Android Jellybean 4.2.2 from a chinese phone’s source code. Its ultra smooth and has best memory management than the stock ROM. As the source code was not official we couldn’t fix Camera bug in it. But, other than that its really awesome.
- Original Android 4.2.2
- Reduced ROM size.
- Wifi Working.
- Bluetooth Working.
- GPS Working.
- Notification Bar ICON Changed.
- Added Extra Support for Kitkat ICONS.
- Added Few performance Tweaks.
- Added Build.prop Tweaks.
- Added Custom Optimized Kernel.
- True Kitkat ICONS. (Download from Below Link and flash it from recovery)
Only Camera Bug (We will fix it soon.)
1 of 7
Download Link :
KitKat Icons :
ClockWorkMod Recovery :
How to Install :
- First of all Take Backup of IMEI – Backup IMEI No. Click here.
- Install Recovery if not installed.
- Go To Recovery Mode :
- Switch off the Phone Press and hold “Volume Up + Power” Butons
- Select Recovery Mode by Volume Up and Proceed to Recovery by Volume Down
After Opening ClockWorkMOD :
- Wipe data factory reset –> Yes–delete all user data
- wipe cache partition –> Yes–Wipe Cache
- Advanced –> Wipe Dalvik Cache –> Yes–wipe dalvik cache
- Mounts and storage –> Format /System /data /cache
- Install zip from sd –> – choose zip from sdcard –> – Select Zip
- Reboot System now
- Wait for 5-10 min to bootup
If you are a tech lover and love to write about anything related to it like How to guides for Android, Windows or iOS you can post it on Devs-Lab and make money from it easily to learn more click here. Don’t forget to let your friends know about this. Cheers !